Hillside Memorial Cemetery Park
In 1822 the cemetery property was deeded to the public by James Roosevelt. The first burial was that of Mrs. Anna Goodspeed who died April 16, 1822.
The cemetery was incorporated during the Civil war under the name of Hillside Cemetery Association, which was given its name by Mrs. Armonelle Devendorf. Mrs. Armonelle Devendorf along with Mrs. G. T. Boynton and Mr. Lewis Fancher solicited funds in 1893 for the receiving vault which is no longer in use, but still remains in good condition at the cemetery.
On January 1, 2000 the Hillside Cemetery association deeded the property to the Village of Central Square for perpetual care. The Village Board adopted the name Hillside Memorial Cemetery and Park.
Cemetery Commissioner: Mr. Bruce Meldrim
Hillside Memorial Cemetery Columbarium Rules, Regulations and Charges (Subject to change)
Documents in PDF (Portable Document Format) format require a PDF viewer to read them. The images below are links to three free PDF readers.